Eslinger Law Office, PLLC

t. 425·451·3237; 425·429·3827 · 1808 Richards Road, Suite 104  ·  Bellevue, Wa 98005


Eslinger Law Office assists clients in the following areas:

Visa Applications & Adjustment of Status

Nonimmigrant Visas allow noncitizens to enter into the U.S. for short term stays. These include tourist (B-2), Tready trade (E-1), Treaty Investor (E-2), student (F-1), Exchange Visitor (J-1), Temporary Worker (H), Intracompany Transferee (L), Fiancé/Fiancée (K), and Extraordinary Ability (O) visas.

Immigrant Visas: There are four ways to immigrate into the U.S.: 1. Family reunion; 2. Employment; 3. Refugee status; and 4. Diversity visa – Lottery. Immigrant visas, which can eventually lead to citizenship, normally allow noncitizens to reside in the U.S. permanently. Application for immigration are made in the United States by filing I-130 petitions at the USCIS Service Center having jurisdiction over the petitioner residing in the U.S., or at the consular post abroad that services the applicant’s residence. An alien living temporarily in the U.S. is considered to be a resident of the consular district of his/her last residence abroad.


Naturalization is the process by which a non-citizen becomes a U.S. citizen. When individuals become naturalized citizens, the restrictions imposed by immigration laws on noncitizens can no longer be applied to them under the U.S. Constitution.


A person may seek asylum to remain in the U.S. temporarily and in many cases permanently. It is granted to those who can demonstrate that they were persecuted or fear persecution if returned to their home country on account of race, nationality, religion, political opinion and/or membership in a particular social group.

Removal Proceedings

Noncitizens who have already been admitted into the U.S. may be found “deportable.” At an removal proceeding, a person may be found not deportable, and the proceedings are terminated. If the person is found deportable and discretionary relief not granted, an order of removal is entered. Finally, the person may be found deportable but the immigration judge may grant discretionary relief which could mean “voluntary departure,” or an award of lawful permanent residency. A person found deportable may appeal the immigration judge’s order to the Board of Immigration Appeals.